We’ll take several shots of your entire family, then, together, we’ll choose your favorite for inclusion in our church directory. Your family will receive a FREE 8×10 of your favorite photo, too!
Tips for taking a great Family Portrait:
- Coordinate, but don’t match. While you definitely don’t want the colors in the photo to clash, keep your photos interesting by letting everyone wear something different. Just make sure you don’t have too busy patterns/designs in the group! When in doubt, stick to solids in different shades of the same color.
- Be comfortable. If you’re uncomfortable, it will show in your picture. Choose an outfit that you’re confident in and that’s comfortable for you to wear.
- Be casual. Sometimes, portraits can be stressful, but if you set out to have a good time, not only will you get a great photo, you’ll have an awesome time during your session.
- Be willing to cut loose. Remember, the camera captures more than you think it does, so if you’re stiff and stressed, you’ll see that in the final product. Besides, the best family portraits are the ones that show your family’s personality. So cut loose, have fun, and be willing to be a little silly. Trust us, the final product will be great!
- Special note for families with young children: Sometimes The Littles don’t cooperate. It’s okay! Having your picture taken can be confusing and a little scary for the little guys. Make sure that Mom and Dad and any bigger kids keep the pose and stay smiling, and let the photographer worry about getting the right shot of Mr. Fussy.
Book Your Appointment Online!